Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Special Event 2009

Next week Monday I will be heading to sunny California to attend The Special Event 2009.  This incredible conference is for professionals who work in the world of special events. My week out west will be spent attending workshops covering subjects such as latest trends in wedding and party work, business development and going "green" to name a few.   One particular lecture I'm most excited to attend is the wedding workshop which is sold out every year.  The keynote speaker is Carley Roney, Editor in Chief of The Knot, Inc.  I'm sure this luncheon will be the highlight of my week!  


When I opened Modern Day Floral I made a commitment to attend a minimum of one conference a year that would help us stay ahead of the curve.  However in the last year I'm thrilled to say I have attended three conferences.  No small task!!!  Although the financial contribution is substantial I feel the end result is well worth it.  Not only do we benefit but our customers benefit.   I feel it is very important that we stay up on the latest trends because our clients want and deserve more from us.

I will be sure to take lots of pictures and blog when I have time in-between programs.  Next week promises to be a creative whirlwind and I can't wait to share all the tasty  knowledge nuggets with all of you.  Stay tuned!

love,


Jenn

0 comments: