Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Taking Center Stage: Cascade Hills Country Club

Introduction...

Photobucket

Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Number of Years in the Business: 4 years in Event Planning; 10 years in Hospitality and Management


Photobucket


What first sparked your interest in event planning?
"Having the ability to work with all types of people, to fully serve them and to exceed their expectations are all things that entice me to the Hospitality field."

What is your must-have item on the job?
"I guess I would have to say I must have a pencil/pen and paper - there are so many ideas and thoughts that flow so fast from myself, vendors and the client... I want to make sure and catch everything."

Any great business advice that you swear by?
"I take a professional yet personal approach to business and this tends to work very well for me in this field. My "meetings" are more like conversations with a friend with a little business mixed in. Taking things as they come and full communication is imperative in this industry."

Are there any wedding styles or traditions that make you cringe?
"I can't stand the plain banquet tables that are skirted and left alone. Also the fan napkin fold seriously has to go."

What is the most important personal satisfaction you get with your job?
"I love to service people and take great pride in my work. Seeing something start from notes on paper and turn into something simply beautiful and seamless is worth every moment of effort."

If you could work with any one, who would it be?
"I would like to do one event with Rachel Ray as the chef... I think that would be such a blast!"

If you could have anyone as your client, who would it be?
"I would like to plan my own wedding someday so I'd have to say myself !!"

What does your normal day consist of?
"My normal day consists of working out, getting to work and returning the many emails and voicemails in my inboxes, attending the many meetings of the day, making sure the rooms are set up for morning and evening events, overseeing those events and planning future events in-between." 

Days off and down time are cherished in this industry. How do you spend yours?
"I usually do the mundane things of cleaning the house, washing cars and dogs along with working out. If I get a couple of days off in a row, I will definitely spend an evening with family and friends (movie, dinner, shopping, ect).





0 comments: