Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Notes from Alishan: Things I would've done differently...


Hello Again!

 

So we all know I think my wedding was the best thing since the YSL Tributes I am currently lusting after. It was prefect for us and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. With that said, there are a few things I would have done differently.

 

  1. The guest list:  I adored having everyone I loved at our wedding but it was hard to get to spend quality time with everyone. We invited 255 and had 177 attend. If we had kept the numbers smaller we could have had more one on one time with our guests.
  2. The dress: Now don’t get me wrong. I LOVED my dress. It fit my style perfectly and I gasped when I tried it on. It was made me for. However, since it was/is a more popular dress I probably could have bought a used one for a third of the price. I should have tried www.preownedweddingdresses.com before buying mine as I have already seen it on there several times.

  3. Photobucket
    image courtesy of Ben Harrison Photography

  4. The shoes: Again, loved mine. I still think they are absolutely lovely but I kind of wish I had gone sassier. Maybe a pink pair of Manolos or a great blue heel with a classic red bottom. I could have used the money I saved on my dress to sass up the footwear.
  5. The food: I hear it was incredible. I wish I would have sat down and taken the time to eat it! Our rock star wedding planner had our meals delivered to our suite but when we got back, eating wasn’t a top priority.

 

I figure if there are only 4 things I would change about my big day, I’m in pretty good shape! Researching everything left me very pleased without (many) regrets.


Next up, the must delayed vendor reviews of my gracious host, Modern Day Floral and our videographer Coastline Studios. Stay tuned! J



0 comments: