Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Going to the Chapel: Melissa and Marty

One of our fabulous couples from Vegas is getting married this Friday, July 3rd!

Photobucket

Melissa Metzger - Second Grade Teacher
Marty Biles - Real Estate Appraiser


Tell us about the first time you two met!
"The first time we met was at a Starbucks on a blind date. We talked for a while and then went and watched an 80's cover band called the Yellow Brick Road. When the band was finished, we weren't ready to have the night end, so we decided to go out to Lake Las Vegas and walk around. Granted by this time it was about 3:00 am. We walked and talked some more. It seemed like we were trying to learn as much about one another as we could on that first night. We walked to a bridge that overlooked the lake and we were just hugging when Marty whispered in my ear, "I don't know how I found you, but I have to figure out a way not to loose you." Since that moment my life has never been the same."

What is your idea of the "perfect" date?
"Honestly, spending time together makes anything we do 'perfect'."

What is the one thing about your wedding you are most excited for?
"We are most excited about the gathering of family and friends and to be able to share our special day with those we love."

Tell us about your proposal story!
"Marty and I had gone shopping for my ring a few days before Christmas. The jeweler let us take the ring with us that day, so I knew he had it, I just didn't know when he was going to ask. Christmas day rolled around and we were with my family. Everyone had opened all their gifts and Marty presented me with a large box. I opened it and inside was a smaller box. There was a box inside a box inside a box inside a box. In all, I think I opened about eight boxes! I finally got to the box that I recognized as "the ring" box. I was so nervous I could hardly open it. Once I got past all the tape, I opened the box only to find a Kasey Kahne tree ornament inside. I was half laughing and half crying. Marty and I have an inside joke about my non-love of NASCAR. It was a cruel but funny joke. As I was trying to gather myself and my other family members were distracting me, he had my niece go to the Christmas tree and get an ornament off the tree to hand to me. My niece handed me an Angel ornament that said Christmas 2008 and around her neck was the ring. It had been in front of me the entire day and I didn't even notice it. He said some beautiful words to me and then placed the ring on my finger. It was truly a Christmas I will never forget."

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Such a sweet story! Brings me back to the day I met my husband. :)