Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Flickr

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Going to the Chapel: Nina and Nick

On Sunday, May 24th, we will be creating absolutely stunning designs for Nina and Nick's wedding. After months of making sure that perfection will be achieved, we know it is going to be a huge success! We already can't wait to see pictures from this upcoming weekend!!


Photobucket

Nina Schwarz - Cardiac Nurse at Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, AZ
Nick Menardie - ASU Student (Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering)


Tell us about the first time you two met!
"Nick and I met way back at Grand Rapids Catholic Central my freshman year (1998). At the time, we were both dating our high school sweethearts and didn't have the slightest interest in each other. I remember thinking that Nick was a nice guy, but really "dorky" and not the kind of guy I wanted to "associate" with (Geez, I sound so mean!...My family remembers that one)! Anyways, once we broke up with our respective "ex's," Nick graduated and I transferred high schools. However, for some reason, Nick kept calling me! At first I didn't want to talk to him, but over time we became friends. When my parents started having marital problems, I found myself turning to Nick more and more. He was always there for me and I started to fall in love with him; though of course, I wouldn't admit it. Finally, one day, after a trip to New York, Nick came back and told me point-blank that he loved me. I was stunned and not sure that I felt the same. So of course, being the dramatic gal that I am, I decided a "test" was necessary to determine if we were meant to be: I asked Nick to dance with me. I told myself if I felt anything for him at all, I would know after this dance. When we began to move, I closed my eyes... and I could just FEEL his love for me. It was warm, unconditional, and pure. It was almost as if we were an old couple dancing. And for the first time, I allowed myself to love him back. As they say, the rest is history... We have now been dating for 7 1/2 years and engaged for 3 1/2 years. We have literally grown-up together and been through everything you could imagine by each other's side."

What is your idea of the "perfect" date?
"Getting up early with Nick, having devotions and making breakfast (he makes the most amazing egg scramble). Then going hiking up Camelback Mountain in AZ. Afterwards, resting and relaxing by the pool, followed by a fabulous night on the town with dinner and dancing! I love just hanging out with him! He's my best friend"

What is the one thing about your wedding your the most excited for?
"Nick and I are not seeing each other before the wedding ceremony, so I am most excited to see his face as I walk down the aisle! We have been waiting for this moment for so long (many years) and I know that he will be the only thing I see and everything else will kind of fade away for moment..."

Photobucket

Tell us about your proposal story!
"The day of my 22nd Birthday, I had a huge exam first thing in the morning and went to class in my PJ's. When it was over, I decided to "treat" myself and head to the salon where I work to get my hair and nails done (after all, I figured I deserved it)! When I got back home, I was shocked to find my best friend, Beth Beery, waiting for me (she lives 3 hrs away). She told me she had arranged a birthday surprise for me downtown and that we had to leave at that very second. I was thrilled until I discovered where we were going. Turns out, we were going to get our hair and make-up done at another salon. Obviously, having already had services done, I told her I would just sit and wait for her. Two and a half hours later, I was a bit hungry and cranky... I begged her just to take me to my Mom's for dinner. Feeling bad, she told me she'd make it up to me with a quick cocktail at the beautiful Amway Grand Plaza Hotel and she would even have Nick meet us there! I grudgingly agreed, but told her to "make it quick" because I was hungry! When we walked inside, Nick was waiting in the foyer in a full suit and the biggest smile I had ever seen. Beth immediately excused herself while Nick and I took a "walk." Visibly upset from waiting around all night, I frowned as Nick led me to the chandelier room and sat me down on a velvet sofa so we could "talk." He told me that he was certain my night would get better and when I asked him what he was talking about, he got down on one knee. Stunned, I started crying so hard that I didn't even hear a word he said. I just remember hugging him and glancing down at the gorgeous ring on my finger! Suddenly, out of nowhere, applause erupted from above. I was speechless to see all my family, including my sister from Tennesse, and Nick's family cheering for us! I couldn't believe everyone was there and of course, I cried some more. To top it all off, we continued the celebration at the elegant 1913 Room for dinner, where I am happy to say... I hardly ate a thing!"


0 comments: